Madden 21 Patch Notes (September 16): Here’s All The Changes
The latest patch for Madden NFL 21 has arrived, and it addresses a number of relatively small issues with the game and one big one. Starting with the big one, the September 16 patch fixes an issue that could prevent the PC edition from launching at all.
The update, which is out now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, also addressed multiple issues with passing and fake kick run plays in the MUT Squads mode. It also fixes a general gameplay bug that stopped players from passing the ball after a handoff in a a run-pass-option play.
You can see the full patch notes below, as posted by EA on the Madden forums.
Madden NFL 21 has proven to be a big sales success so far, becoming the No. 1 overall best-selling game in the US for August 2020. In fact, this was the 21st year in a row that a Madden NFL game has been the best-seller in its release month.
Madden NFL 21 is coming to the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X/S, and people can get a free upgrade to the next-gen edition via EA’s Dual Entitlement program.
Madden NFL 21 September 16 Patch Notes:
- MUT Squads: Addressed an issue when MUT Squad Roles are not being respected properly when performing certain pass plays
- MUT Squads: Addressed an issue when on Fake Kick run plays the MUT Squad Roles were not being respected properly
- Addressed an issue when two users on offense cannot pass the ball after a handoff on RPO Peeks and Reads
- Addressed additional visual issues with player uniforms
- Addressed an issue where Origin PC players would receive an error message and were unable to boot Madden NFL 21